Dignity Health Clinical Dietician in MERCED, California
Mercy Medical Center, a Dignity Health member, has been building a rich history of care in our community for more than 100 years. We have grown from a small one-story wooden structure into a major healthcare provider with a new 186-bed main campus, offering the latest in facility design and technology. Mercy also operates Outpatient Centers, a Cancer Center and several rural clinics.
Wherever you work throughout our system, you will find faces of experience with dedication to high quality, personalized care. Joining our 1,300 employees, 230 physicians and many volunteers, you can help carry out our commitment to providing our community with the excellence they have come to associate with Mercy Medical Center.
Provides medical nutritional therapy to patients by assessing nutritional status, developing a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status, periodically evaluating the patient's response to the plan of care, and modifying it as required for optimal outcomes. Counsels patients and/or families about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
· Completes patient nutritional assessment and establishes plan of care for patient's nutritional requirements; utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
· Documents assessment, plan, actions and patients' progress.
· Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients and clinical professionals. Serves as an expert resource and collaborates with the multi-disciplinary medical team on any nutrition-related matters.
· Participate in care planning meetings, rounds, and test trays in the kitchen.
· Knowledge of therapeutic approaches and principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy and ability to plan, develop and deliver nutritional interventions as well as provide individualized dietary consultations.
· Knowledge of and ability to assess patients and develop and implement a treatment plan.
· Knowledge of education concepts and techniques; the ability to educate people about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
· Knowledge of principles and practices associated with menu planning; ability to plan nutritious and varied meals for patients and staff.
· Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing dietary guidelines; ability to apply these theories to design, develop and maintain a healthy diet.
· Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
Minimum one (1) year experience as a Registered Dietitian; Working experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field
Valid registration as a Registered Dietitian
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this telephone number.
Job ID 2017-37248
Employment Type Full Time
Department Nutrition Services
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility Mercy Medical Center Merced
Standard Hours Mon-Fri 8-4:30PM and some weekends