Dignity Health Integration Developer III (remote option) in Pasadena, California
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at. You can also follow us on and.
The Developer III’s role as a senior developer is to create and maintain applications designed to support the business operations across the entire Dignity Health enterprise.
This role is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based and mobile software applications. Troubleshoots problems and issues and looks for ways to improve applications. Familiar with a variety of healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains solutions with minimal, to no, direction • Participates in on-call rotations
• Performs source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
• Leads and coordinates code/peer reviews of multi-facility or application focused development work to insure it aligns to the business and technical requirements
• Provides administrative, application development, and unit testing for medium to large complex projects (and support issues) or functional areas of larger projects or programs
• Provides application development services for support and projects that align to the software development life cycles, organizational governance policies, and industry best practices
• Collaborates with application and project team(s) to define design and unit testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with business and system requirements
• Leads cross functional application development activities to achieve project objectives
• Contribute to and maintain a thorough understanding of application development standards, policies, and procedures
• Ensures application development deliverables are completed on a time, budget, and quality
• Researches and recommends appropriate application development best practices, and tools
• Develops and applies business knowledge in multiple functional areas
• Demonstrates strong leadership through team motivation, coaching, mentoring, and delegating
Moderate travel may be required: 0-10% during the normal course of business but may be required to travel more frequently during certain events.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Medical or Business discipline or equivalent experience
Requires 6 or more years development experience primarily creating new interfaces or applications in a hospital or medical related industry in a complex and large environment.
Significant experience (6 years or greater) and mastery of Integration engines – for HL7 realtime and file/batch transfers.
Designs system integrations and customizations to meet customer specific needs and system constraints.
Has provided support on healthcare integration engines & related product / infrastructure framework.
Ability to learn & adapt to custom integration platforms is a must
Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies required
Experience working with DICOM, X.12, HL7, HIPAA transactions sets, and EDI engines
Expert working knowledge of one or more data integration middleware products and/or technologies such as HL7 interface engine, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM MQ, Managed File Trader (Axway Synchrony MFT product suite preferred), SFTP/FTP scripting
Ability to work across new project interface development and support
Advanced working knowledge of IBM Java, SQL scripting
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
Ability to successfully work in a large matrix team organization.
Must be highly motivated and accountable to work production expectations.
Experience on providing dev/ops support on API Management platforms like Axway, APIGEE, Mulesoft etc. will be considered as a plus.
Strong working knowledge of Cerner Foreign System Interfaces/Open Engine, ConnectR preferred
Test management, test processes, automated and performance testing using tools such as HP ALM
IBM, Oracle, Lawson, or Microsoft software development certifications or a PMP certification are a plus
Time management best practices
Project management methodologies and tools (MS Project)
Development effort estimation techniques
Keeping technologically current and learning new technologies
More than one SDLC methodology with detailed knowledge of Waterfall, Agile Development, and Scrum
Source code management and application build and deployment tools (Rational, Aldon)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this telephone number.
Job ID 2018-53984
Employment Type Full Time
Department Enterprise Integration Applications
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility Dignity Health System Office
Optional Work Location US-CA-Pasadena
Optional Work Location US-CA-RANCHO CORDOVA
Optional Work Location US-CA-San Francisco
Optional Work Location US-NV-HENDERSON
Standard Hours Mon-Fri (8-5 PM)
Work Schedule 8 Hour