Dignity Health Administrator, Orthopedics/Neurosurgery in PHOENIX, Arizona
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at. You can also follow us on and.
The position has overall responsibility for Dignity Health Orthopedic/ Neurosurgery contract portfolio and standardization/utilization programs designed to manage expense for products, services, equipment and length of stay. Requires extensive contact with Dignity Health management, directors and vendors to explain and promote key issues related to product line. Must influence and affect opinion of decision makers and end users to achieve outcomes.
Supports Dignity Health’s mission to deliver compassionate, high quality affordable health services; provides direct services to our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised and to advocate on their behalf; partners with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
· Responsible for cost reduction objectives of Orthopedic/Neurosurgery product line including development of target items, implementation plan and measurement for decreasing cost.
· Identification and promotion of compliance to contracts and target items. Monitor results and initiate corrective action.
· Meet facility end-user requirements through facilitation, influence and leadership during Council meetings. Secure council approval for cost reduction objectives and implementation plans.
· Maintain current knowledge of healthcare industry and end-users' critical issues. Identify trends in technology and new products. Interface with GPO staff and key vendor account managers.
·Assist in supply cost benchmarking and identification of best practices. Identify causes of cost or practice variation and develop, in conjunction with hospital management, action plans for improvement.
·Significant interaction with end-users, SSRM Contract Administrators and Analysts to develop viable contracting strategies and implementation.
· Foster collaboration with facility managers/directors and physicians to establish and comply with contract compliance targets and standardization/utilization objectives.
· Facilitate financial and clinical analyses of product alternatives and work with other SSRM staff to complete objectives and ensure accuracy. Recommend best course of action for Dignity Health.
·Foster collaboration with facility managers/directors and physicians to establish and comply with contract compliance targets and standardization/utilization objectives.
· Engage support of senior leadership for implementation of council decisions on contract implementation.
· Deal with ambiguity of changing environment and have ability to shift priorities.
·7 years in Healthcare
· 10 years in Clinical Orthopedic area
· Proficient in Excel
· Clinical license in Nursing/physical Therapy or Physician assistant
· Master’s degree in Business or clinical discipline
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· High level knowledge of Orthopedics, physician engagement and vendor management
· Process management and ability to develop and execute implementation plans
· Financial Principles
· High degree of self-direction, priority setting and independence
· Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills are necessary to provide information to Dignity Health leadership and vendors
· Varies weekly from 0 to 40%
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this telephone number.
Job ID 2018-51622
Employment Type Full Time
Department Supply & Service Resource Management
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility Dignity Health
Standard Hours varies