Dignity Health Cybersecurity Business Analyst in PHOENIX, Arizona
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at. You can also follow us on and.
The Business Solutions Analyst IV will play a critical role in coordinating processes and preparing documentation for Cybersecurity, enterprise improvements, and operations. This position reports directly to, and assists, the Senior Manager of Cybersecurity Business Management.
This candidate will have ample opportunities to collaborate, support, and contribute to cybersecurity initiatives that affect the entire organization through secure usage of technology, industry standards, and best practices with particular emphasis on the following:
Projects/Initiatives – Work with stakeholders to understand business needs and work with IT partners to implement solutions to protect the enterprise and improve processes in order to drive NIST maturity scores
Asset Management –Assist Cybersecurity asset owners with use of enterprise tool to add and edit assets. Maintain documentation for asset management, updates and tracking
SharePoint Support– Assist with regular SharePoint and Excel updates to maintain and improve Cybersecurity sites; submit SharePoint tickets as needed; maintain documentation for multiple SharePoint sites
Process Implementation – Implement processes and documentation to improve business management for Cybersecurity data.
The Business Solutions Analyst (BSA) works as a liaison between key business stakeholders and the Information Technology (IT) department. BSAs are responsible for working with stakeholders to understand their business needs and working with IT partners to implement solutions that meet the business needs, goals and objectives. BSAs play a critical role in defining business solutions and place particular emphasis on the following:
Root Cause/Problem Definition - BSAs interface with both the business stakeholders and core IT; they improve communication and lead to defining a clearer understanding of the drivers that created the business problem/opportunity.
Cost Effectiveness - BSAs are internal consultants whose primary responsibility is to drive the organization to the most efficient and cost effective business decisions.
Solution/Protocol - BSAs follow a protocol to elicit and document clear, complete and comprehensive requirements. They evaluate, define, analyze and document business problems collaborating with appropriate partners to lead to the most appropriate business solution.
Qualified candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills. They must be quick learners and capable of thinking on their feet. BSAs must analyze and synthesize large amounts of information, much of which may be unfamiliar to them. Customer service skills and working well in a team environment are critical to success. Finally, qualified BSA candidates must be confident and independent thinkers, capable of making solid business system decisions.
• Works on multiple projects as a project team leader, sometimes as a business subject matter expert (SME) in multiple functions.
• Works with enterprise-wide business customers and IT senior management to understand business issues and their environment in order to manage enterprise-wide reporting information support systems.
• Provides functional and technical expertise and direction for the development of complex enterprise-wide information system solutions.
• Establishes relationships with customers, IT colleagues, contractors, vendors and consultants to influence strategic IT initiatives while managing their expectations.
• Coaches team members on problem definition and understanding stakeholder needs.
• Oversees teams to ensure projects remain focused on the solution scope
• Transforms business needs into clearly defined requirements that can feasibly be tested and implemented in a solution.
• Coaches others on performing Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring phase activities including:
1) identification of stakeholders,
2) selection of business analysis techniques and the process that will be used to manage requirements and
3) identification of how to assess the progress of the work across all levels.
• Works with stakeholders and teams to ensure as-is and to-be business processes are documented.
• Leads the development, writing and communication of business requirements documentation and ensures appropriate stakeholder sign-off.
• Drives and oversees the solution selection process and helps identify which solution best fits the business need. Activities can include: vendor product research, RFP development, vendor demonstrations and scenario scripting, vendor selection criteria/scoring methodology.
• Facilitates requirements reviews with all impacted stakeholders including business functions, IT security, IT infrastructure, application support, compliance, legal, and contracting.
• Develops initial budget estimates and resource requirements for solution implementation
• Oversees and consults on system and integration testing activities to ensure system is developed according to defined requirements.
• Oversees user acceptance testing and obtains sign-off from business customers
• Stays abreast of significant change management initiatives, assesses organizational impacts and presents to appropriate leadership.
• Leads other business solutions analysts on team. Mainly responsible for mentoring, training and problem solving assistance to other team members.
• Actively leads activities to grow and develop the department.
• Leads special committees to continuously improve processes, tools or the organization in general.
Bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, MIS or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 6 years of experience leading teams and business solutions analysis projects.
5+ years’ experience working in the healthcare/medical environment preferred
Expert in SDLC; solid understanding at least one methodology (Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
Solid foundation in project management methodologies
Expert assessing medium to high complexity solutions and participating in solution selections through RFI/RFP.
Must be highly skilled and experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Word
Expereinced in collaborating with and/or interviewing subject matter experts to gather information and artifacts
Proficiency in collecting, analyzing, documenting and reporting (verbally and written) data
Proven ability to drive accountability, manage multiple priorities and deliver results on time
Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and industry standards from a business, technical and operational perspective.
Ability to be strategic and tactical
Able to escalate any issues or roadblocks to cybersecurity strategy leadership team
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) or Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
Able to span from big picture to detail levels
Expertly analyzes problems utilizing logic and systematic processes.
Works effectively as part of a team and accomplishes goals through collaboration
Takes initiative and acts without waiting for direction
Displays a strong sense of urgency
Projects self-confidence and management presence
Anticipates customers’ needs and meets and/or exceeds expectations
Capable of influencing without authority
Strong interpersonal skills; builds rapport and relates well with all kinds of people. Treats everyone with respect.
Flexibility and adaptability to change and ambiguous situations.
Proficient in making abstract concepts, issues and information clear and understandable to a wide variety of audiences through a variety of communication formats.
Manages time and balances multiple priorities
5+ years of experience in related field
Previous cybersecurity and/or compliance experience
Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
Able to contribute to the cybersecurity vision, strategy, and program effectiveness through the delivery of cyber business management
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this telephone number.
Job ID 2018-54420
Employment Type Full Time
Department IT Security
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility Dignity Health
Standard Hours Mon-Fri (8-5 PM)