Dignity Health Products Owner: Patient Engagement in PHOENIX, Arizona
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charitable care and community services. For more information, please visit our website at. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Position Summary - Product Owner, Patient Engagement
The Digital Care Transformation Products Owner is responsible for both product planning and product marketing of multiple patient facing digital products. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products with maximum value. The Products Manger works with other product teams (e.g. technology, QA, marketing, informatics) to ensure solutions meet customer expectations, increase engagement and accomplish organizational goals. This is a role functions at the intersection of business (healthcare), technology and user experience. The ideal candidate will be experienced in digital technology deployment, user experience &/or healthcare transformation as well as passionate about the use of digital technology to engage and empower consumers and patients in their health and healthcare.
Focus Area: Online Care
o Video visit deployment (clinic operations and execution)
o Asynchronous care deployment (clinic operations and execution)
· Define product strategy and roadmap for multiple digital transformation products
· Work with internal teams and external third parties to deliver high value digital products
· Be an expert within the digital transformation arena
· Conduct market research to determine consumer needs
· Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
· Perform product demos to customers
· Deliver a monthly product utilization report
· Develop promotional tools and collateral
· Participate in budget development and manage resources within defined budget
· Brief promotions staff and analysts and participate in promotion events as needed
· Act as a leader within the company
· Build relationships and engage with stakeholders of the product regularly.
· Turn ideas into further products
· Resolve problems with products, working across teams.
· Share insights throughout the company regarding the product (micro-blogging, blogging, internal conferences, etc.).
· Serves as a liaison with internal departments, executives, external organizations and public representatives.
· Represents the organization at a variety of meetings, public events, on committees, and/or other related events regarding services, programs, projects and facilities.
· Supervises staff including prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
· Manage product development timeline in collaboration with Project Managers/Scrums
· Specify acceptance criteria
· Groom the product backlog, prioritizing highest value features first.
· Give feedback regarding the achievement of the sprint goal in the sprint review.
· Help the team to continuously improve their process.
· Measure progress (e.g. value delivered to clients in each sprint).
· Exchange consistently with other product owners in the organization (e.g. through community of practice).
· Engage with the product.
Must have experienced in healthcare transformation (e.g. digital applications, remote patient monitoring, telehealth), healthcare digital user experience &/or digital product development
Must be passionate about the use of digital technologies to engage and empower patients including the development of technology solutions, leading from the user experience
Serves as the voice of the customer (patient, consumer) and must be passionate about the user experience
Must be conversant with both clinical operations (providers, clinicians, staff) and end user (patients and consumers)
Must understand the relevant technology stacks, level of effort involved in developing cutting edge products.
5 years of experience as a Products Owner within the healthcare industry or relevant technical and business experience required
Demonstrated experience in defining and launching exceptional digital products (or programs) preferable within the healthcare industry
Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, building relationships with people at a variety of levels and influencing senior leadership.
Strong data analytics skills required (feedback from clients, quantitative data from web analytics, research reports, market trends, other statistics)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent teamwork skills
Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field or equivalent professional experience required
Product Owner Certification preferred
Healthcare operations experience in the acute and ambulatory area preferred (e.g. Nursing, Ambulatory operation manager, etc.)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this telephone number.
Job ID 2017-34179
Employment Type Full Time
Department Digital Strategy
Hours / Pay Period 80
Facility Dignity Health
Standard Hours Mon-Fri